Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Sisters Wedding

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of doing the flowers for my sister Katrina and Nigel's wedding. Being her MOH and the Flowergirls mum meant that I had a pretty full plate for the day, from the moment they announced their engagement, I knew that I would do all of her flowers for her, no doubt about it.

Working in the wedding industry I became their unofficial wedding planner. I am proud to say that they trusted my recommendations for quite a few of their suppliers and found some new suppliers that were all truly wonderful.

It was a pretty big week leading up to the wedding and I did work pretty every night until midnight in order to pull everything together. My run sheet looked a bit like this:

Brides bouquet
Matron of Honour's bouquet
2 Flowergirl posies
Neices wrist corsage
Buttonholes
Corsages
Tin buckets of flowers for shepherds hooks
Ceremony arrangements
Cake flowers
Table arrangements
Vases for fish
Candy bar
Rose petals for ceremony and reception

We set up the table arrangements the night before - large oval arrangements of full Perfume de Grande, Salinas and Honeymoon roses, freesais and lissies. In the centre were brandy balloons with goldfish. We also set up a candy bar with all pink and white sweets and this looked fabulous and went down a treat on the night. I then had to go home and do up the buttonholes and corsages so it was a very late night and very early start on the day. But, I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Everything on the day went without any problems. I had to deliver the ceremony flowers to the Northlakes Golf Club and it was great to see Emma from Brisbane Wedding Decorators doing the chair covers. I have known Emma for many years but haven't seen her around for awhile so that was nice. Kellie from the golf club couldn't have been more helpful and super organised.

Now my little girl, Ella has been around weddings since the day she was born, I coundn't count the number of weddings we have delivered to where she has looked enviously at the little flowergirls getting ready and it has been a constant 'why can't I be a flowergirl' since she could talk. Well, Ella had the privlege of being Katrina and Nigel's flowergirl and she so enjoyed being a princess for a day. In her Elizabeth de Varga gown (nothing so special for me the MOH mind you) and her tiara and jewellery from Wendy Makin she definitely had a special day. Katrina's son Harrison was pageboy and he and Ella made a very cute couple.

There was no question about who was going to design the cake for the day, Sarah-Jane from Cake That! As always she did a stunning job. Sarah-Jane also very kindly did the fresh rose petals on the cake and candy buffet tables for me.

As all my Bride's would know the biggest complaint of the day is that it goes way too fast.

There are some beautiful photos of the day on their photographer's blog, ST Photography scroll down to Katrina and Nigel.



The ceremony - Shepherds hooks with buckets of roses, lissies and freesias. Rose petal aisle. Tall vases filled with lilies, orchids and willow.

On the way to the Ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment