Monday, May 25, 2009

A Big Day Out

Following the saga of sourcing the flowers for this weekend's wedding. I had to face a big day out deliverying, setting up and moving flowers.

Now, this isn't something I would volunteer to do for just any wedding. But, this weekends Bride, is the third sister in the family whose wedding flowers I have had the privilege of designing. So when I have such wonderful families who keep coming back I will do just about anything.

Saturday morning started off bright and early with packing the car up and heading off to Sanctuary Cove with the wedding party flowers. I had a quick stop off, to give Sarah-Jane from Cake That the cake flowers and then it was straight down to Sanctuary Cove. It was a first time delivery to the Hyatt for me and I have to say it was just lovely, I could see that it would be a photographers paradise to photograph a wedding party around the grounds.

I had my two girls with me and they insisted that we stop and pat a couple of ponies that were on the edge of a property by the road. As well as everything else I had to do I was told that I simply must find a shop to buy carrots to feed the ponies on the way back down the mountain.

After the quick pony stop I headed straight to the ceremony location, Avalon Gardens. Another first time for me. I did get into a bit of trouble for driving in through the main gates and ever so slightly messing up their gravel driveway that they just raked, but it did go to prove that they are pendantic about provided the best for their Brides and Grooms. Avalon Gardens would have to be one of the most lovely garden settings that I have had the pleasure of setting up in. The gardens are lush and abundant, the grass is green and thick and wandering around the gardens is a real treat.

Here I had to set up two extra tall ceremony arrangements to be placed inside the ceremony space. As these were so large I did the actual set up on the grounds. My girls found a romantic love swing tucked away in the gardens and so were happily occupied while I worked.

The ceremony arrangements



The Ceremony venue


The Love Swing

We then had about 3.5 hours to waste until after the ceremony when I had to return, dismantle the arrangements and transport them back to Sanctuary Cove Country Club for the reception.

We went for a mini bush walk, my 2 year old managed to walk about 1klm of the 1.4klm walk so I was pretty proud of that. We then went to Gallery Lane for lunch and a poke about the shops, then I went to find the elusive carrots for the ponies and then back to the ceremony where the guests were enjoying drinks on the beautifully raked gravel driveway in front of the venue.

Bushwalking

I dismantled and loaded up the flowers and headed back to Sanctuary Cove, stopping to feed the ponies.

I had left Brisbane at 9.30 am that morning and arrived home just before 6.00 pm. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment