Saturday, May 3, 2008

Honeymoon

What a great name for a wedding rose.



Today I got very excited when I started working with this new rose - a new colour that is not like anything that has been available up until now.

"Honeymoon" is just beautiful. I am only using it in table arrangements this weekend but I am most grateful that I have had a chance to order and use it. In trying to describe this rose let me start by saying it is a bit of a tricky one Iwill start with how the grower describes it:

"This exotic rose variety with a tall well presented bud, displays a myriad of colour tonesof which inlcude light brown, cream, pale yellow and a pink tint, these colours alter as it opens into a unique latte coloured bloom releasing a noticeable spicy frangrance.

I would have to add that I saw a lot of very pale lilac tones - under the fluro lights the petals were tinged with an antique musky/mauve colour deepening into a coffee colour (imagine a really weak milky latte). In the full light the mauve isn't quite so obvious but it is still there and so is the coffee colour. It is also a big old fashioned style rose with lots of petals. It is most defintely going to be a wedding favourite for brides whot are looking for this unique colour combination. This rose is going to work beautifully with metalics, browns, musks and antique themes.

Now I just need to convince someone to use these roses in the bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment