Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Another Favourite

I did a beautiful wedding last weekend. I guess I am slightly biased about these bouquets as they are very similar to what I designed for my sister's wedding in April.

My Bride and her Bridesmaid carried bouquets that were very similar the only difference was that the Bridesmaid's bouquet had a few dusty miller leaves through the flowers. The posies were made up with Honeymoon and Antique roses, white tulips and white freesias. We used several folded magnolia leaves using the underside which is a velvety brown and then around the skirt of the bouquet was doda vine and magnolia leaves using both the green upside and the brown underside.

Bride's Bouquet

Bridesmaid's Bouquet

I delivered the bouquets into McArthur Chambers in the city - this was the first time that I have dropped off there and I was pretty impressed with the size of the rooms and the hotel itself especially from the outside oozed old world charm, although after I delivered I was told that McArthur Chambers are supposedly haunted - could make for a memorable wedding night. One of my favourite hair and make-up stylists was on site working her magic - Tracy from The Powder Room again I am probably a little biased as she did the hair and makeup for my sister's wedding.

I was very touched to hear the Mother of the Bride say to her daughter as I was closing the front door that she thought the flowers were so beautiful.

Finally, the ceremony and reception was Victoria Park, the reception was in the marquee and the table flowers looked just stunning set against the chandeliers. The bridal table featured a tall martini glass vase with flowers from the bouquets on top and tall stems of willow with white Singapore orchids tied to the stems of willow. The guest tables featured my new 60cm tall cylinder vases filled with white Singapore orchids and willow.

The Bridal Table


The guest tables

No comments:

Post a Comment