Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Well I have been back a few weeks now and had several weddings. One a week since coming home. Of course that all changes next week when the wedding season hits.

Last week was a Friday wedding leaving the rest of the weekend free, so hubby and I left the kids at my mums and headed down to the Sheraton Mirage for a night - that was bliss. Friday's wedding bouquets are definitely going down as a favourite. While I love the tradition and beauty of all rose bouquets, it is always exciting to do something a little different. The bouquets were designed in monotone colours of red for the Bride and white/cream for the Bridesmaid. We used full size standard roses, spray roses and calla lilies.

I received a lovely email from the couple on Sunday:

Karen!

Thank you so much for your beautiful work on the flowers for my wedding. Everyone commented on my bouquet and it was exactly if not better then I wanted!

I will highly (almost forcefully!) recommend you to anyone I know needing a florist, you are a true professional!

Thank you again!

Kelly and Garvin



Bride's Bouquet


Bridesmaid's Bouquet

I then popped over to Boulevard Gardens to set up the reception flowers. These are a really great budget conscious option. A boxed arrangement with organza ribbon, tall ting ting, 3 long stemmed roses and foliage. Very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment